Time: 4-6 hours, Elevation: 1,387 m to 1,500 m, Distance: 10 km, Habitat: montane forest
We drive from Arusha to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the gate, our walk will begin with a fully-armed ranger escorting us. Watch for wild animals including elephants, zebras, giraffe, monkeys, and antelope along the route.
Dinner and overnight night: at Miriakamba Hut, Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Time: 3-5 hours Sleeping huts, Elevation: 2,514 m to 3,570 m, Distance: 8 km, Habitat: forest and moorland
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb.
The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After a hot lunch at Saddle Hut, we will make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Dinner and overnight: at Saddle Hut, Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Time: 12 – 14 hours, Elevation(m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m,
Distance: 5 km up, 13 km down, Habitat: Alpine desert moorland and montane forest
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) in time for sunrise. There is a possibility we’ll see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to Arusha at a safari lodge.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Round Trip Airport transfers ( Pick up and drop Off)
- 2-nights’ Accommodations before and after climb in Arusha
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Quality, waterproof, Camping Tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Safety Equipment i.e Portable Summit Emergency Oxygen, Pulse Oximeter
- Sleeping bag
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance